Friday, April 2, 2010

April Fool's Day

Yesterday started with a note.  My husband went into our oldest son's room to wake him to get ready for school.  He was buried under the covers and a note lay on top. 

"There is nobody here.  It is just us guinea pigs!"  A seven year old's April Fools joke. 

I made it through the day only being slightly caught off guard when my mo told me her hair stylist had accidentally turned her hair green.  The rest of the day, I managed to remain unfooled.  Then it was my turn.

We had burritos for supper last night.  Before I rolled up the guys' meat-filled, veggie-less shells, I lined them with wax paper.

They didn't notice until they had taken two or three bites.  For a moment they got mad.  Then they realized Mom was getting them with an April Fool's Prank.  Then they laughed. Kinda.

Next year, I better be prepared for revenge.  They are already coming up with ideas.

1 comment:

  1. A funny thing. Hope waxed paper didn't stick in their throat. Did Mike (daddy Mike) get one also? Love, MOM (or MO)

    ReplyDelete