Saturday, November 13, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me

Friday, November 12, 2010 was my 37th birthday but my guys started the celebration early. The festivities began Thursday evening as I arrived home from karate. As I climbed the stairs, I noticed all the lights in the kitchen and living room were turned off. There was a faint glow on the table. It was coming from three candles that were stuck in a chocolate frosted chocolate cake my guys had made and decorated for me. As the sight before me registered, the little Ms jumped out and started singing “Happy Birthday” and the big M took a couple of quick pictures.


As the traditional song ended with a few “cha cha chas”, I blew out the candles and we all had a piece before the little Ms headed off to bed.


The next day (Friday) when I came down to breakfast, there were a couple of gifts were waiting for me in the kitchen. My wonderful honey had noticed my favorite sweatshirt was looking a little frayed around the edges. It was given to me on my 20th birthday by my aunt. I have worn it often and it has been with me in each of the five states I have lived in since. Now I will admit when an article of clothing reaches a certain age and worn in look, it should not leave the house. My sweatshirt is reaching this stage but it is not there yet. That said, the first gift I opened was a new comfy sweatshirt from my college alma mater, WVU. I am looking forward to wearing it just as much as my first sweatshirt.

The second gift was a new technological wonder. My laptop has been running slow lately. The internal disc space was running low. I use my laptop for blogging, my iTunes account, and playing the occasional game. I needed a little more storage space. So my wonderful thoughtful husband got me a passport. A passport-sized device that can store 500 GB of memory (yes, Mom, that’s A LOT).

But the celebration did not end there. Tomorrow will be part two of the birthday extravaganza.

No comments:

Post a Comment