Saturday, December 4, 2010

Constructing Elmo

A friend of mine texted me on Thursday.  She needed an Elmo cake for her daughter's 2nd birthday.  The party was on Saturday. Could I help?  Gladly!  Here is the process in a nut shell.


Step one: Bake cakes.  They needed more cake than just Elmo so I made 1/2 a sheet cake to set Elmo on.

Step two: Make icing.  I did not get any pictures of this step. Sorry. Also I buy red icing because the closest I can get to red is a deep pink, and that just won't do for Elmo!

Step three: Ice bottom cake.
Step four: Set Elmo GENTLY on top of platform.

Step five: Decorate with the black icing.  It is the spaces furthest from the front, the open mouth and irises.

Step six: white icing eyeballs. If you get the irises too big Elmo looks a little drugged, so be careful.
Step seven: Orange nose.  This could also be done after red fur.  Your choice.
Step eight: Red fur.  this is the step that makes Elmo.  If you exchange blue for red you would have Grover!

Happy Birthday Anna!

1 comment:

  1. Go Becky. He looks just like the TV model! Made me hungry for buttercream!

    ReplyDelete