Saturday, July 9, 2011

Stay at home mom.

I am proud to be a stay-at-home mom (SAHM).  I have been very blessed to be able to stay at home full time since the oldest little M came to be.  I love the freedom to set my own schedule and plan activities and be able to help friends and family when they need an extra hand or meal.

A few years ago, while out running errands with my boys, we were listening to Focus On The Family on the car radio.  Three SAHMs were being interviewed.  Mikey, who was four at the time, asked, "Mommy, what is a Stay at Home Mom?"

Trying to get just the right answer, I replied, "A stay-at-home mom is a mommy who does not go to an office to work.  She stays at home to take care of the house and family."

"Oh," he replied.  I could hear the wheels in his head turning while he thought over this idea. "You're not a stay-at-home mom 'cause you shop!"

No comments:

Post a Comment