Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving ~ Fun, Family, and Food!

Every other year we celebrate Thanksgiving with my family.  On the years we are not with the nuts from my family tree (and I love each and everyone of you!), we celebrate with my husband's side of the family.  This year we had a special treat.

The wonderful parent-in-laws invited us to have the big meal at their new (to them) lake house at Smith Mountain Lake in Virginia.  They own half this duplex, condo, town home, whatever the correct term is!


The five grandkids had a blast exploring...


skipping rocks,


riding scooters,



and even taking a boat ride in the inflatable, two person kayak.

after Mimi and Poppa had their turn of course!

We all had a nice relaxing time at the lake.  We enjoyed great food (which I forgot to get pictures of), fun with family, from sun up

to sun down (and then some!)

I hope your Thanksgiving holiday was a blessed as ours and may we remember to give thanks for each day we have with friends, family and loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment