Friday, March 2, 2012

Baking

We have done a good bit of baking lately.  My helper and I.
I found a recipe for Vanilla Crumb Pie that I wanted to try for my mom's group.
So we pulled up the recipe on the computer and away we went.

Matt measured and used the pastry blender and added a lot of fun to the multi-step process.

 These are the pies before the crumb topping was added.

 This is after the crumb topping but before being baked.


The final product!   


Unfortunately, these pies were not for family eating, so we packed them up to go.
My helper did get to sample the pie after the meeting was over.
His findings: "It was okay. but it might be better warm."

This morning I wanted bagels.  This morning I did not want to leave the house to get a bagel.  I have always wanted to make bagels.  So...


I found a recipe on-line for bread machine bagels!!
Right up my alley. It is really easy.


 Once the bread machine finished the dough, I formed the bagels.

Then my trusty assistant
came along to help me boil them.  He is using a skewer to keep the bagels from touching.  We didn't want them to stick together.


After a short rest on the towel (very clean, I assure you), the bagels were placed on the baking sheet (or stone in this case).

Then they are covered in melted butter and baked for 25 minutes at 375*.

Voila!
Bagels so delicious my assistant gave me a hug and asked if we could make some more, right now.

And we will make some more, just not right now. Maybe tomorrow.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. So glad your helper was with you...good helpers are so hard to find! It all looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete