Monday, August 13, 2012

Octopus for Lunch

"Hey Mom! What's for lunch?"

Sometimes when this question comes flying at me I make up really weird answers that the guys know is a joke.

"Deep Fried Worms with a side of Boogers"
"Mom"  Please picture the eye roll.

"Crisco and Toe-Jam Sandwiches"
Giggles "No Really"

"Grilled Skunk"
"Gross! MOM!!"

So the day I calmly and seriously answered, "Octopus" they really didn't believe me.  When another answer did not follow they went about their business until I called them to come eat.  This is what they found waiting for them on their plates.

I broke pieces of spaghetti in half and cut hotdogs into bite sized pieces.  I then took four pieces of the uncooked spaghetti and poked it through the hotdog pieces.  This gives each hot dog bite eight "arms".

Now boil them as you would normal hot dogs until the spaghetti is al dente.

The guys actually loved it!  It was fun to watch them figure out the fact that they were eating hot dogs with spaghetti stuck through it!  I called it Octopus from the get go and they almost made their own PB&J sandwiches!  It was a lot of fun to eat "octopus" for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment