Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Out with the old. In with the new.

On this the last day of 2014, I am not making any resolutions.  Resolutions always fall by the wayside in two weeks or less. I am just going to focus on becoming healthier, which for me means losing weight, eating better foods, and drinking more water.

If anyone out there followed my posts through the month of October, you will remember I was focus on health then.  I still am.  So much so that I actually lost two pounds over Christmas.  I still ate the cookies and delicious foods that my wonderful family had made.  I ate cinnamon rolls for breakfast as part of our Christmas morning tradition.  I also exercised by getting outside and walking at a brisk pace 5 out of 7 days the week of Christmas.  Yes, I am very thankful for the unseasonably warm temperatures that made this easier to do.

Another step down this path is beverages.  Last week I had my last soda/pop/cola for a year.  I have given up those sugar filled drinks for the year of 2015.  This will be especially hard for me while traveling.  When ever I am in the car, I have a drink with me.  The easiest thing to grab from the cooler section of the quick stop (and what calls my name the loudest) is the cherry flavored sodas.  In a day of running erands, a giant cup from Chick-Fil-A will tide me over.  A trip of more than 2 hours requires at least two 20 ounce bottles of the bubbly beverages.  That had come to an end.

I will still have my drink at the ready, but the bottle or large cup in the holder at my hand will be filled with water, tea or flavored water.  So if you see me out and about and I am carrying a bottle that looks like soda, double check. I may have refilled it with tea or water.

Happy New Year everyone. Be Safe and Make healthy choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment