Saturday, July 18, 2009

Thinking ahead

We get our bread at the local bakery outlet. I usually make the trip once or twice a week. The ladies behind the counter know our boys well. Every time they see them, a treat is offered. I am sure they offer the hostess treat du jour to every kid that comes in, but my guys feel really special. Today they chose the cupcake over the twinkie.

On the way home I told the guys they could eat their treats at lunch. For heath reasons, we carb count the guys meals. The oldest told me the number of grams of carbohydrates in the chocolate creme filled cake. 37 grams in case you were wondering, in a single cupcake.

Change of plans, I told the two brothers in the backseat they could split one of the cakes between them for lunch. They both eyed the wrapped delights in their hands.

The youngest spoke up, "How 'bout we split yours, 'kay Mikey?"



No comments:

Post a Comment