Monday, August 16, 2010

Birthday Cake for Two

The three M's and I are part of a wonderful small group.  Our group was put together by our church.  There are five families involved.  Ten adults and eight children - all under the age of 9.

Just wanted to give you the basics.

Anyway, the five year old boys had their birthdays recently on the same weekend.  One mom asked me if I would make a cake for them so we could celebrate as a group.  No problem I said.  What do you want on the cake.  Both boys love Toy Story.  One liked Woody the Cowboy best and the other liked Buzz Lightyear best.

Again no problem I said.  I'll put both of them on the cake.  I'll deliver it to the party the day before our meeting.  Piece of cake, right?

Well, Midway through the decorating process I realized, there are a LOT of different colors on Buzz and Woody.  Also, Woody is wearing a plaid shirt and a cow-spotted vest! I had already started, so I might as well finish.



The birthday boys and the rest of the gang loved the cake.  It didn't turn out to bad if I do say so myself.

If anybody needs a birthday cake, just let me know.  I even do plaid shirts!

No comments:

Post a Comment