Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Last night I made out my to do list for the today.  Among the many items was to pick up the Wave Master (a punching/kicking bag) that I got my wonderful honey for Valentine's Day.  Now for some of you this may make you think of the husband who got his wife a blender or toaster for Valentine's day, but honestly, my husband wants this and will see it as a fun toy that all of us will use.

When I left the house to swing by the library before my morning karate class, the kitchen table was almost cleared off.  Only a few reminders of the boys' breakfast.  My man was already at the studio when I arrived and we proceeded to take class together (does it get anymore romantic than that!?!). After class, my wonderful husband invited me to lunch out, so we hit Arby's (again with the romance, I know!).  He told me he was going to head straight back to work after lunch.  I told him of the couple more errands I needed to run.  We had planned on going out to eat tonight as a family for Valentine's day so I would not have to cook (the man is always thinking!).

When I arrived home about an hour and a half later, the kitchen table looked like this:

A beautiful card, a dozen roses, a heart-shaped box of chocolates, and if you look tucked among the roses, a gift card to a book store. My husband is the best part of "us".

Errands for the day complete, I had to go pick up the boys from school.  Upon our return, Little M #1 leaned out the car window to get the mail from the box at the end of the driveway.  It was raining and we do this so no one has to get wet.  

In the mail was a package for me from my dad.  For as long as I can remember, the first man in my life has given his three daughters a box of chocolates each year for Valentine's Day.  I eagerly await it with much anticipation.  He picks out the boxes specially for each of us.  


This year my box is topped with a puppy in honor of the one who now resides in our house.  The little m's got a kick out of it. Thanks, Daddy.

I am blessed to have four very special men in my life.  Thank you for making this day so very special, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment