Thursday, September 29, 2011

Menu for the week - update.

Just wanted to touch base and let you know the week has gone very smoothly.  I love knowing what is for dinner when I wake up in the morning.  I also adore knowing the ingredients for that meal are already in the house.  My wonderful man is enjoying leftovers for lunch.

We have only had to make one substitution- Monday night's meal had to be switched with grilled cheese sandwiches because I did not get to the store early enough for the chicken/broccoli casserole.  The turkey on Tuesday was delicious.  I even ended up making biscuits and gravy to go with it.

The homemade sloppy joes were fantastic!  I made enough to freeze some for a future meal.

I am looking forward to the Chicken-fried Steak tomorrow night.  If my mom has her way she would be here to help with that meal (both the prep and the eating of it).

I will be taking a cookbook to karate tonight to start planning next week's menu.  I hope this trend continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment