Monday, October 17, 2011

End of the day

It's been a Monday.

The electricity went off last night at 3:30am.  How do I know this?  For some reason, the sound of everything turning off woke me up.  I lay there in bed trying to go back to sleep but knowing I needed to get up, go downstairs, and find my phone.  I needed to do this because I walk in the mornings with my good friend and we being our two mile jaunt at 7:00am.  If the power is out then my alarm clock won't wake me and she will be sitting on my porch waiting for me while I sleep.  Therefore, I could not sleep until I knew I would be awake at the right time.  So at 3:(stinkin')30 in the morning, I am wandering around my own house in the pitch black looking for my cell phone, without the aid of my glasses or contacts.  Then the idea hit I should find a flashlight.

So I found a flashlight with working batteries and the first object the blazing beam of light landed on was my phone.  I scooped it up and trudged up the stairs, calculating the remaining hours of sleep I might get if I fall asleep as I climb in bed.

My phone alarm sounds at 6:45am.  I hit snooze, twice.  Finally I get out of bed, again, and begin to get ready for the hike around the neighborhood, praying the whole time it is raining and I can get back into bed without the two miles of hills. No such luck.

After our invigorating exercise, I returned home to wake the troops and being our school day.  After ten minutes of school and before my first cup of caffeine, my walking buddy calls.  One of her guinea pigs must be taken to the vet, could I accept two of her students into my class room for a couple of hours.  Bring it on, I reply.

With two in the school room and the visiting students in the kitchen (or school annex), I stood in the middle and made out pepperoni rolls for lunch for all students and a couple of teachers.  Once my friend made it back (with bad news on the guinea pig subject), we had a nice lunch, then separated our classes and headed back to our respective schools to finish up the lessons for the day.

Once the lessons ended, and with store list in hand, we headed to Sam's Club to restock the bare cupboard.  Did you know Sam's Club now has Self-Check out?  Those little scanners are really fun!

We made it home and got the groceries put away with just enough time to get dinner ready before karate began for the oldest little M.  Once karate was over, it was time for chores for the little guys and exercise for the oldest two in the house.  And now, that the day is done, I'm going to get my knitting and go watch Castle on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment