Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Happy Birthday

I love fall.

The colors of the leaves. 
The brisk nip in the air. 

Part of this love of the season may have to do with the fact that my birthday just happens to fall right in the middle of it.  This year we celebrated a day early as my wonderful husband had the day off and the four of us could spend the entire day together.

The morning began with a quick two mile walk at the park. And the bridge wasn't even slick at 7:45 am!
Skid marks from that dangerous walk!
 After returning from my walk (my hubby jogged his miles and walked a cool down lap with me), I jumped into a super fast shower and then headed for the church leaving the three guys at home.  It was the day of our regularly scheduled moms group.  I am in charge of making the coffee for 20+ moms who have just spent the previous hour(s) getting their children ready for school, making it to the bus stop/droppping them off at school, while getting themselves and any remaining children ready to get to the church by 9:30.  They deserve a cup of steaming hot coffee waiting for them.  I have the privilege of making sure that happens.  So after the coffee was made, I scooted back home.

Two cards awaited me on the breakfast table. One contained this:

While I was gone, my guys hid six items around the yard for me to find.  My very own geocache series for my birthday! I love my men so much! Such a thoughtful and wonderful fun surprise!

So after hunting and finding my caches, I am set.  Each cache was a tool to help grab actual finds along the trails.  

After that fun hunt, we loaded into the car and spent the day in Pittsburgh doing stuff our family loves to do.  We ended the day at a local restaurant that happens to have a fabulous bakery attached to it.

French Vanilla Cake with Raspberry Creme and Fudge
I feel very loved and treasured.  It was a fabulous way to spend a birthday. I even have leftovers from dinner for tomorrow, even cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment