Monday, August 31, 2009

Boys and bad hair days

I have a question and if anyone has the answer or even a guess at an answer, I would love to hear it. For boys, when does that little cowlick (or even the slight case of bedhead) stop being cute?

We have all seen (and maybe parented) those adorable babies with their hair going in every direction with no thought of styling it. It is too cute to mess with. Who hasn't passed a toddler with bedhead cruising down the hallway at church? We never imagined his mom needing to tame the unruly locks.

My oldest son is now 7 and in second grade. One morning this summer while trying to get ready for church, I glan
ced at his head and did not see cute disheveled hair that other moms would understand. I saw...(dun dun duh)... a bad hair day!

His hair need to be (gulp) styled. He has grown two very proud cowlicks that will not lay down. One in the front and one at the crown (just off center). By themselves, it's not too bad, but if you add to it that he went to bed the night before with a wet head - you can imagine the scary sight before my eyes. I was really glad it wasn't my hair!

So we proceeded to the bathroom, and had to resort to wetting a washrag to forcefully sop down the hair that truly had a mind of its own. Just last year ( or was it two years ago) we could have just sighed at how cute it looked and made it to church on time.

Please if you have an answer, I am waiting: When does cute bed head turn into bad hair day?

No comments:

Post a Comment