Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Car Trip

On our way to the lake for a week long vacation, my husband drove while I held the map and navigated. I would give plenty of warning before each turn. As we neared our destination, the two boys in the backseat started "helping" by watching for street signs.

"Take the next left on to Rucker Road." I told my dear driver.


From the back, without missing a beat, both boys yelled, "Rocker Road!" and an immediate duet of air guitars complete with synchronized riffs and sound effect twangs filled the car. I am glad they do sleep on occasion so the noise level decreases.

On the way home, after a very busy week of boating and other water fun I was hoping for a lull so I could have a little nap along the way. But alas, that would not be the case. War broke out in the rear of the vehicle. No the boys were not arguing, they were having a war, complete with whistling bombs, rapid fire machine guns and exploding hand grenades. There were no casualties and Big Puppy and L.E. had only small bruises.


Ah, traveling with boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment