Tuesday, February 2, 2010

On the downhill side.

I think I may just make it.  I am still fighting "The Crud" that invaded our home a few days ago.  I thought I would miss the worst of it until last night ~ the fever hit.  Mike had a meeting and both boys needed to be guided through their bedtime routines.  I was getting hit from both sides with a 100* temperature and sinuses so tight any drummer would have been proud.

Yet the show must go on, and so I doled out vitamines, watched the brushing of teeth, read quick bedtime stories, turned on night lights, turned out room lights, and curled up in my cozy blanket with the remote control after downing two extra strength tylenol.  Mike came home after his meeting which followed a rough day at the office.  We chatted for ten minutes and then called it a day.

This morning, my oldest woke me from my fitful sleep, "Mom, my nose is bleeding."  

I crawled from under the covers to discover...  I felt slightly better.  The fevered chills were gone and dispite the lack of good sleep, I wasn't exhausted.  I may just beat "The Crud" again this year.  Now please excuse me while I go open another box of Kleneex and put the freshly laundered sheet back on my son's bed.

Moms really don't have time to get sick.   

No comments:

Post a Comment