Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentine's Day (and more snow)

Today will be my catch-all post.  Since Christmas break from school, actually since 2010, we have had 8 snow days.  Our school calendar accounts for three snow days.  When or where we are going to make up the other five will be interesting to see.

Anyway, I wanted to mention what my wonderful hubby got me for Valentine's Day.  Now I know most of you will groan and send feelings of sympathy my way.  Please, do not.  I went to purchase this item for myself one evening and was severely disappointed when the store was out and the shelf was bare.  My man, knowing me like he does, (and me knowing how much he hates shopping) went back to the store a few evenings later and found the elusive item.  It brought joy to my heart when my two boys guided by my man came around the corner carrying....

A Stir Crazy Popcorn Popper.

We had popcorn for dessert on Valentine's Day.  The boys were almost as excited as I was.  I read the instructions and prepared the popper.  The guys lined up to watch the show.

They waited and waited.  The popper stirred and stirred.

Then...

it started to pop!  You would have thought the boys were watching  the funniest movie they had ever seen.  Matt almost fell of his chair laughing.  It was great.  It was a great gift of love from my man for Valentine's Day.
Today, since there was no school yet again and I didn't have to drop off or pick anyone up, I thought I would help my hubby out.  He had mentioned he wanted to get the snow off the deck.  The weight of the snow needed to be moved elsewhere.  

 Jedi really didn't want her picture taken.

As you can see, the amount of snow on the deck is impressive.  It is at least 3 feet deep at the lowest point.  So, being the good wife that I try to be, I shoveled the deck.

This evening, my honey will have more time to play with the guys.  He won't worry about the snow collapsing the deck. Another perk is that Jedi has more room to run while she waits for me to get my boots, coat and gloves on to take her to do her business in the yard.  Now, if I could just teach her how to go up and down steps, we would be rolling.


3 comments:

  1. good job on the shoveling! i might suggest you build a ramp while waiting for Jedi to grow legs!!! Love MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Jedi is growing sooooo much! What a sense of accomplishment from the completed chore--not to mention that workout!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressive shoveling, Beck. And yes, get that dog to navigate the stairs!

    ReplyDelete