Monday, October 4, 2010

First Day of School

First Day of School for Mikey.

He is headed to the bus for his first day of 3rd grade.  The morning routine and getting on the bus is old hat for him.

The next day was Matt's first day.

He started kindergarten this year.  Full day.

This is the first year he has had to get up early, get dressed, eat breakfast, ready his backpack and catch the bus.  He was very excited to join his brother on the adventure of school.

Once all supplies were gathered and lunches were packed, my little men headed to the bus stop.
Like a well seasoned veteran, he followed big brother to await the yellow coach that would transport them to the wonderful land of learning.

I was so proud of my boys.  Mike made sure his little brother was informed, and Matt showed no fear or hesitation.  He was ready for school! 

As for myself, I was excited too.  I couldn't wait to hear the stories at the end of the day from both of my young men.

1 comment:

  1. God Bless all those precious little fellows who like school...makes it a lot easier on MOM's...ask Grandma about a little girl who did not. Love MOM

    ReplyDelete