Thursday, October 11, 2018

Re-boot

Today in my world, things were hard. Things that normally I don't even think about getting done, took energy to even think about.  I didn't make it to the gym (again), that one load of laundry never got folded, and our simple dinner of chicken and rice almost didn't happen because I had to really look for the desire to cook it. 

My wonderful guys are very independant with their school work.  I did help them review for a quiz and proof-read some papers. Other than that, I don't feel like my day was a success. My Fitbit showed less than 5000 steps for the day. To be totally honest, I'm not sure how I spent my time today.  As I was getting ready for bed I realized part of the problem - I didn't care.  I had a crappy day and it didn't bother me nearly as much as it should have.  

Now, don't start panicking.  I will get out of bed in the morning and make sure everyone eats breakfast and is cared for.  I will find a way out of this "funk" I have fallen into. It has happened before and I made my way out.  I will do that again this time.

What I would like to know is: how did I get here in the first place? I don't like it here. It affects my family. If it goes on too long, it will affect my friends and my activities.  What caused this slide? Do I need to think about things more? Do I need to be in my head less?  More activities? Less activities? Better eating habits? (Always) More exercise? (Yep) 

There are people counting on me so I will get through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment