Monday, October 5, 2009

Errands!

I have been trying for the last few weeks to only do one grocery run per week. In doing so I should have more tome to get some housework (hear laundry - socks and such running dangerously low) done around the house.

So today I tried to get as many errands done as possible. So beginning at 9:00, after getting Mikey on the bus and dropping Matt off at preschool, I headed to Target for prescription refills. After the required 15 minute wait at Target, I headed to Sam's Club. I sat in the parking lot at Sam's for 30 minutes organizing my coupons before heading into the store. No Sam's does not take coupons, but I needed them for later.

After Sam's, I headed to pick-up Matt. I had 10 minutes to wait so I crossed the street and went into the library to get some audio books to listen to while I work. After selecting my limit of 4, I checked out of the library to re-cross the street and grab Matt from school. We headed home for lunch and to listen on the computer to a radio interview of the new head coach for the Army basketball team. He happens to be my cousin (and I thought the interview was great!).

After a wonderful lunch with husband and son, son and I headed to Giant Eagle for the smaller part of the groceries. Coupons for $0.99 or less are doubled at GE so they get used there. Also I like GE's produce. After the quick GE run (with Matt happily playing in the Eagle's Nest) we headed to Walmart for the remainder of our list (with coupons $1 or more).

After leaving Wally-World, we headed to the Wonder Bread Outlet for the bread we like at prices we love (these are also the kind ladies who always give my boys free treats whether they are with me or not). Once Matt and I were back in the car with our loaf of bread and golden creamfilled cakes, we wanted to head home. No such luck - our gas light was on!

So we headed to the gas station. Now I want to set the record straight, I try very hard to not let my car get below 1/4 of a tank, so the fact that the warning light came on lets you know how much runnning we did today.

Okay, now that the tank is full I look at the time, 3:55!! I am 10 minutes from home and Mikey's bus drops him off at 4:00!! When we pulled into the driveway, Matt was sound asleep in the back seat and Mikey had used his key to let himself in the front door while the busdriver waited to make sure he had gotten inside safely.

Now that all of the items on my to do list are crossed off for today, I can start thinking about supper. Oh, and my wonderful, fabulous husband will be driving Mikey to karate this evening so I can stay at home.

4 comments:

  1. Now I'm tired!! I remember the days...that helps with the empty nest when compared with a spinning one. Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I hire you one day a week to do my running. You seem to be much more efficient!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's quite a bit of running for one day! I don't get that much done when I have adult assistance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. I find that once a week grocery trips are also more budget-friendly
    2. I do so love those golden cream-filled cakes
    3. I like Sam's pharmacy-if you switched your scripts there it would be one less trip :)
    4. Go super-mom-GO!!!

    ReplyDelete