Thursday, October 15, 2009

Field Trip

Today, my youngest and I went on a school field trip. This is an annual trip the Preschool takes every fall. It is to the pumpkin patch at a nearby farm. There are pumpkins still on the vine for the kids to pick and they get to take a smaller one home. There is delicious apple cider from the farm's own apples. And of course, the farmer's market with wonderful baked goods and beautiful vegetables and huge bins of pumpkins and apples. This is usually a fun trip for the 51 students and their parents and some extra siblings.

Did I mention it was cold here this morning? The thermometer said it was 40*, but I don't think it accounted for the breeze.

Did I mention the rain? The few pigs and sheep at the farm petting zoo had lined up two-by-two.

Did I mention I have been fighting a cold and cough for the last week and a half? I forgot my kleenex in the car.

I don't want to sound like I am complaining (well, maybe I am a little bit) the kids had a great time and I bought enough apples to make pies and an attempt at apple butter. Matt even picked out a pie pumpkin so "we" could make another pie from scratch like "we" did last year.

At the end of the trip, with rosy cheeks and noses, we climbed into the car to have our cider on the way home. Matt had fun and my cold didn't get any worse (I hope).

My guy is in the yellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment