Saturday, May 22, 2010

Arts and Crafts

I will be the first to admit while I can be creative, I am not a craft person.  I appreciate those who love to sit down with glue sticks, construction paper, and Popsicle sticks and create with their childrenThey relish the glitter, scissor scraps, and blobs of glue as evidence of fun that was had.  I see a mess to be cleaned up.  Needless to say, we don't do a lot of crafts at our house.

Over Mother's Day weekend (see the three previous posts), my mom came up with an idea for the grandkids to do a little craft.  We ran out of time at her house, but I kept the idea tucked away.

A few days ago (I don't keep ideas tucked for very long) I got the supplies:

 A stack of clear plastic plate with no flowers in the middle (found in the superstore paperplate aisle, not the party section).  

 

A bunch of permanent markers, assorted colors.  Not that I am a brand person, but Sharpie worked better than the off brand for this project.

That's it for supplies.  Unless you count the kids.  Bring on M-1 and M-2.

They flipped the plates over so they colored the bottoms, not the eating surface.  And they were off!




They started slow.


Oh, I forgot, put an old placemat or paper towel under the plate, so when they color on the edge it doesn't get on your table.

Soon they picked up speed.

Another thing to remember, if words are being used, write them backwards so they come out frontward when the plate is flipped back over.

The result is a work of art that holds food!

Fun with purpose!

PS Mr. Clean Magic Eraser takes permanent marker off wooden kitchen tables!

1 comment:

  1. Plates look great. We must do that the next time all are together. So glad you carried it to completion. Great Job,Guys. Love G'ma

    ReplyDelete