Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend (Cont.)

Picking up where I left off yesterday, Saturday morning began in a blur.  

8:30 AM found us breakfasted, dressed in layers, sitting field-side at Matthew's T-ball game.  It was cold and windy, but we toughed it out, Mikey and I on the sidelines and Mike and Matt on the field (Mike is assistant coach).

Usually they play three innings, but on this chilly morning, the coaches decided to play an extra inning.  Well, that shot my carefully planned timeline right out of the water.  

Mikey and I had to head off to karate and miss the last inning of my baby's (don't tell him I called him that) game.  We made it to karate just in time to change into our gui's (that the white pj looking outfit they make you wear) and hit the mat.  I got to take a class with Mikey in honor of Mother's Day.  It was fun.  

Then Mike and Matt came to pick up Mikey for lunch and to pack the car. I stayed to take my own class. Two karate classes back to back, not a good idea, by the way.


When I finished class, I went home showered, pack a few last minute items, loaded Jedi into her travel cage, and Matt and I drove to my parents' home to enjoy a family filled weekend.  We were on the road by 2:15 with a brief stop for a little caffeine. Mike and Mikey would follow in the green car after Mikey's game at 4:45 PM.


About an hour and a half into the trip, Mike calls.  Mikey's game had been canceled due to high winds.  He just happened to check e-mail before they left for the game.  The email had been sent at 2:17!!!  I could have ridden in the passenger seat and had a wonderful nap while my husband drove all of us in one car!  Bummer!


But shortly after that call, my littlest M and I reached our destination.  We unloaded Jedi (and the rest of the stuff) and went in the house to celebrate Mother's Day with the rest of my family.


Tomorrow, (if our ailing computer holds out) I will have pictures to illustrate the third and final day of our wonderful weekend!


Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment