Thursday, May 6, 2010

Pancakes in a rush.

Every once in a while, the Three M's and Me like to have breakfast for dinner.  I am not a morning person, but I love breakfast food, so I cook it when I will enjoy it - in the evening. 

A few days ago, I had scheduled to have pancakes for supper, but did not have the time to stand at the griddle and flip the double batch of batter I had stirred up. I had a meeting at the school (my baby is headed to kindergarten, but that's another post) and the three M's were headed to a ball game (Mikey's team won, by the way).  So I came up with an alternative method for cooking my flapjacks, minus the flap.
Be sure you use the cookie sheet with the edge around it (also known as a jelly-roll or sheet cake pan).  Otherwise you will have a large mess to clean up.

I cooked this for twenty minutes in a 365* oven.  And Voila...
Now remember this was a double batch of pancake batter.  The "pancake" came out to be about an inch thick.  I cut it into large squares and served like a "normal" pancake.  If you want to have a little more fun, let the kids go to town on the whole thing with some cookie cutters.  The three M's prefer the "old fashioned" pancakes, but this is acceptable when time is short, and they have not experienced the cookie cutter version yet.  Maybe next time.

1 comment:

  1. Too cool . . but can you make a General Lee out of them??? i will be trying this next week.
    Would this be possible at 350 instead of 365 as I lack the digital control. Love MOM

    ReplyDelete