Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Housework

My grandmother has a magnet that reads "Housework, if done correctly, is fatal." I totally agree. I have already admitted that housekeeping is not my area of expertise. So if I can put it off I will. Therefore, my "to-do"list is never short. Yes, I realize that if I would do a few things each day off the list, I would keep my list short and the house would be presentable.

I have tried this method several times before. I am very good at it for about a week (at the most). Then something comes up or I give myself a "day off" and I lose momentum. Back to piles of clothes, paper, and dishes. So here I am back under the piles, trying to find the top.

I realize I lean to far to the side of enjoying my children, my hobbies, (my sleep) to the point of ignoring the house. I would be able to relax more often and better if I would just get the work done. Then it wouldn't be weighing on my shoulders.

Yes it is true that there will always be housework. It is true that it will never be truly "done". It is also true that children are not children forever. But our home must be livable or childhood will not be any fun for the boys.

So somehow it will all have to blend together. I will have to think about it while I fold the next couple loads of laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment