Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My God is Awesome!!

Can I tell you what God did for me today?
I was able to meet my hubby for lunch today at Chick-Fil-A. When he arrived, he looked worn out and a little frazzled. He said the phone had not stopped ringing all morning. He couldn't finished one necessary task before he was needed for another. I asked what I could do to make his homecoming this evening a retreat from the hectic day at the office. He asked that the boys be in a good more and there not be any stress in the house. Right. He knows I have only so much control in the universe, but I would try.

When I got home, I took a look around. The yard needed mowed. Knowing my husband, as much as he would try to relax. THe yard would be lurking in the back of his mind (ladies, think of the piles of laundry and housework that won't let you go when you sit down to read a book or other such relaxing activity). I wanted my husband to be able to do what he wanted to do when he got home, and not be bothered by something he should do. So I mowed the back yard (see previous post as to condition of back yard). As I mowed, the sky started clouding over and the air got heavy. Rain was going to happen.

"Father," I prayed. "Please hold off the rain until I finish the back yard, please? I would really like to get this done for Mike. So please, hold the rain for just a few more minutes?" Okay, so I sounded like a spoiled brat even in my own ears. So I hustled. Praying all the while. THe closer I got to finishing the yard, the more thank you's dotted my pleas. As I mowed the last strip of dry lawn, I was praising and thanking. God is so good.

I shut down the mower, parked it in its place in the garage, and walked back out to the driveway only to be met with rain. Yes, rain. God does indeed care about our individual lives.

Am I such a perfect person with a direct line to the heavenly throne that God listened to me? Not by along shot, just ask my family. I believe God cares about what we care about. Today, I cared about easing my husband's stress level and needed a delay in the rain to get it done. God allowed me to do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment