Saturday, October 18, 2014

Discouragement

Day 19 - 31 Day Challenge
To read from the beginning of the challenge, click HERE.


Good news: I am excited I have posted a blog everyday for the last 19 days!  I have made it almost 2/3 of the way through this challenge.

Bad News:  I am discouraged in my journey towards health.  While I did stick to my eating plan for the most part yesterday, the previous days have not been so great.  My water intake has been more miss than hit.  I know what I need to do, but I cannot seem to find the wagon I fell off of so I can get back on.

I know everyone goes through seasons like this.  I know there are those whose situation is much more dire.  I have no physical ailments or illnesses except being overweight.  I have a family who loves me, food in the pantry, and a cozy home to live in.  Should I really be complaining?

Somedays I am so pumped and ready.  The "I've Got This" attitude flows from every pore.  I drink my water, eat the right foods, get my exercise. Lately, I've had a run of days where I ask myself, "Can I do this? Should I even be trying?"

The busyness creeps in, food on the go is the quick and easy choice.  When I have barely made it through a kicked-my-butt karate class that was much easier 10 pounds ago, sugar-ladened frappe is a recovery reward.  My friend is eating a bacon burger with cheesy fries, sure why not.  "I'll have what she's having." I don't want her to feel alone, right. If I order a salad, she would enjoy her burger as much.

The excuses and reasons are far to easy for me to come up with.  My will power is not strong enough.  I have to be real and admit I am having problems eating healthy and wanting to be fit and "in shape". This blog does help.  I use it to vent my feelings and frustraions in this journey today.  I would prefer it to be up beat and encouraging to those who may read it, but today, I vent.

If you stumbled upon this blog for the first time today, I'm sorry.  My posts are not usually like this.  Please scroll thru some of my other posts to get the true feel of the blog.  I'll be back to my normal, slightly off bubble, self tomorrow (I hope).

For those of you who have been following during the 31 day challenge, keep strong.  Learn from your failures. Do not quit because of them.  I am going to get my water bottle ready for tomorrow so I can grab it on the way out the door to church.  Lunch will be chicken cooked in italian dressing, veggies, and possibily a salad.

I'm planning ahead and have actually used a "text a friend" life line to get some accountability for my exercise.

Well what do you know? I think I found the wagon.  I'm on it.
Let's do this.

1 comment:

  1. I'm applauding your wagon, lady!! Do this for sure! 2Tim 1:7, Love, ya, MoM

    ReplyDelete