Monday, October 27, 2014

In The Home Stretch

Day 27 - 31 Day Challenge
To read the rest of the series, click HERE

I am amazed I have made it this far into this challenge.  I was confident in the beginning.  I knew it was something I could do, but was it something I would do?

 "The tragedy of life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goals to reach." ~Benjamin Mays

Setting goals is important.  It gives us something to strive for. Something to work towards. While we may not achieve our goals everytime, each attempt gives us a chance to better ourselves and our accomplishments.

"If the plan doesn't work, change the plan, not the goal."

Without a goal, do we know where we are headed? Without a plan, how do we reach our goal? My plan of walking at the park 3 days a week is paart of my goal for healthy living.  If I do not see the expected results after a couple weeks, I need to change the plan or add other aspects to it.

"Discipline is the distance betwen goals and success."

I have admitted my lack of will power earlier in this series of posts.  In order to be disciplined about eating better and exercising more, I have called on the support of my family and friends.  I have been wearing a Fitbit to track steps, water intake, and exercise.

So my plan is in place, but is ready to be changed if need be. My support is standing by cheering me on in many ways. My goal is set.  I will weigh myself at the end of this week to see how things are going.  I will keep track of my energy level and endurance because there are more indicators of health than just the numbers on the scale.

So go grab a glass or bottle of water and plan your week.
Let's do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment