Friday, October 17, 2014

What Do You Do When You're Sick

Day 17 - 31 Day Challenge
To read this series from the beginning, click HERE.

For the last week, I have had a little tickle in the back of my throat.  That little signal that means a cold or sore throat is on the way.  That tickle leads to a cough, which leads to sleepless nights, which lowers immune systems, which leads to the cold - runny nose, sore throat and all.  My coughing then keeps my hubby awake and soon the cold has spread to the entire house.

Okay. Maybe I exaggerated a little bit, but you know what I mean.  We all get those little signals that a minor illness is coming.  Do you reach for the honey and hot tea or some other home remedy? Do you run to the store for Airborne or other over the counter immunity booster? Do you head for the doctor's office to get the tough stuff to nip this in the bud before it can become a major inconvience?

I have tried my darndest (is that a real word?) to ignore this tickle.  While I have increased my water and fluid intake, I'm pretending the coughing and the throat irritation is normal.  If it gets worse, I will start sucking cough drops like they are going out of style.  I would rather have a broken arm than a sore throat.  I will do what I must to avoid them at all cost.

Right now, it is only a tickle.  Coughing occassionally and a little throat clearing seems to be the only things that have come from it.  If it gets worse, I will indeed seek harsher medicines than hot tea.

What do you do to combat the coming cold and flu season?

No comments:

Post a Comment