Monday, October 20, 2014

Workout with out the gym

Day 20 - 31 Day Challenge
To read the rest of the series, click HERE

This weekend was one of unintentional exercise.  That exercise counts twice in my book because it is usually a lot more fun.

We won tickets for the family to go to a local amusement park.  Saturday was the only day that worked for us to go before the tickets expired. Friends of our had also won some tickets, so we made it a joint day of rides and fun.  How is this exercise, you might ask?  According to my FitBit, I walked almost 4 miles in that park.  It was a cold and rainy day, my body worked hard staying warm.  Not cardiovascular, I admit.  But I was moving around and NOT eating the funnel cake my tummy screamed for. Exercise in will power to boot!


Hear no candy wrapper. See no cotton candy. Eat no funnel cake!


Sunday, yesterday, I walked nearly 3.5 miles in just your normal everyday activity.  I really do a lot of walking and talking during church and Sunday School activities.  Once back home, after a little nap, we needed to do a little work in the yard.  We have a fireplace and needed to cut and split some firewood.  There are a couple of trees down in the woods around our house.  My man grabbed his chainsaw and I found the axe.  After he cut off the right length for the fireplace, it was my job/exercise routine to split the logs into firewood.



Just so you don't think I only split one log's worth of wood.


This was only 1/3 full when we started.  With the exception of the two logs the boys took a swing at, I split this wood.  My abs got a work out.  My arms found muscles that were lost long ago.  My legs are sturdy. I am actually surprised at the sense of accomplishment I feel.

So while, I didn't "work out" in a way most people think about, I exercised just living life.  I know I won't be able to work like this everyday, but it was a good couple of days of getting healthy.  
Let's do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment