Saturday, October 11, 2014

Hiking for Health

Day 11  - 31 Day Challenge

Today a friend and I are going out for an all day adventure of geocaching.  Just us gals.  We are leaving while it is still dark and probably won't be home until the sun sets.  What does this have to do with health?  A couple of things actually.

As a mom, we need to take some time for ourselves to recharge our batteries.  If we wear ourselves out taking care of our families, but not taking care of oursleves, we will physically, mentally, and emotionally fall short.  I have a fabulous husband who understands the need for me to get away occasionally.  He is a terrific dad and our boys love it when a "Men's Night (or Day)" rolls around.  Today is a day when I do not have to worry about meals, chores, or housework.  I get to recharge. Granted, this is not how most moms would spend a "day off", but then again, I have never been the "normal" type of girl.

Secondly, we are walking and hiking all day.  The plan as it stands has us covering at least 12 miles on foot, not counting the side trip to find the hidden little treasures that are the key to our day.  This is an ambitious plan and we know it.  We are up for the challenge and will push each other further than if we were doing this alone.  She is a great friend to have in my support team. We also take karate together, but that is a different post for another day.

                          "A Geocaching Mom is just like a regular mom ~ Just cooler"

Tomorrow I will report how we did: how many caches we found and how many miles we logged.  I am looking forward to this day as much as I looked forward to camping with my family earlier this week.  I had my backpack ready last night so I could get a jump on the day today.  We have plannedjoked, and anticipated this day for a week and a half.  

Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment