Thursday, October 2, 2014

What have I Done???

Okay, I'm up to a challenge.  Blogging everyday for 31 days. No problem.  I can ramble on any topic enough for a post.  I am full of useless information.  My family, sometimes refers, to me as Cliff Claven, from Cheers, due to the trivia I have retained.

That's not the problem.  When I decided to take on this challenge, it was very late at night.  My team just got totally defeated and knocked out of the playoffs.  I was hungry.  I wasn't thinking clearing.  (Do you want to hear anymore excuses?) So I dashed off a quick post to beat the deadline to get my blog in for the first day of the challenge.

But upon waking, I started thinking.  Why did I pick that topic? Health? Specifically, my health?  UGH! Well, it is done now and maybe the accountablity will help me work hard and show progress.

So on that note...part of a healthy life for me includes a good support system.  My husband is my biggest supporter.  He has walked with me when he would rather be jogging.  He has purchased exercise equipment that he would ordinarily use to help me stay fit.  He has even changed date night plans so I could go hiking with a friend for an entire day.

Any athlete- weekend warrior, amature, or professional- needs someone on their side.  It gives an extra advantage knowing there is someine who believes in you and your goals.  Even if your fan doesn't know the difference between baseball and football, just having them cheering for YOU and knowing YOU CAN is enough.

This support can help you fight your way through the struggles and laugh with you over obstacles.  They will encourage you to keep going even when you think you have nothing left to give.

You need a best friend, a group of friends, or teammates, who will ralley behind you to push you through the tough times to achieve your goals.  Can you imagine running your first marathon and approaching the finish line only to find no one is there? All the training and injuries that you sturggled through to get to this point and no one is there to celebrate your greatest moment? I don't think I would ever run again.  You need the support no matter what your goal is- weight loss, finishing a remodeling project, running a marathon, or making the high school football team.

So here I am.  I have great friends and a fabulous husband and family.  I have my fan club in place.  Do you? Let's do this!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Beck, count us in your court and cheering at the finish line!!! Proud of you as always no matter the outcome. Know you can do it!!! Love , Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete